Most property managers find property condition reports the most time consuming task in property management, the task lets be honest can be a little mundane! Follow our top tips on completing your ingoing report to save you time and most importantly so you start enjoying completing your reports!
- Make sure you have all your equipment charged and ready to go!
- Ensure you have synced your ingoing in your app so it is ready straight away.
- Make sure you have set up your layout templates in the templates section of the app. This will save you a lot of time!
- Ensure you have a routine when you are taking your photos.
- Use the checklist on on the inspection express app.
- Use the layout as a guide and take the photos in the same order.
- Make sure you take additional photos of damage and blind cords for safety reasons.
- Start at the door and take a clock wise view of photos around the room.
- Make the most out of predictive text! Start recording some of the phrases you use the most so you do not need to keep typing them out. Words like power points, light fittings and things that come up in a
house a lot.
- You can also record routine inspection phrases.
- We are partnered with Keepu who have a phrasebook containing 740 phrases
which can be integrated into our app so you can get started straight away.
Talk to Text
- Start utilising talk to text and stop using one finger to type everything in! Siri will get used to your voice the more you use talk to text.
- Remember our tips to speak slowly and clearly. You can also use instead of picture hook which often sounds like “hawk” say picture nail instead.
- Instead of window sill which can often sound like seal. Say window ledge instead.
- Keep your report language simple and to the point.
- You have to remember that your tenant is probably not familiar with real estate and property so make it simple for them . The more they can understand and the more simpler it is to follow the easier it will be for you because they will not be 100 comments or changes. Win Win.